Yearbook and Senior Class Logo

The senior class t-shirt has always been a big deal at my high school. And I wanted in. I wanted to create a design that would de...

The senior class t-shirt has always been a big deal at my high school. And I wanted in. I wanted to create a design that would delight the assorted opinions of my classmates. So obviously blue was the majority vote as for the t-shirt color - complementing all complexions. But, more importantly, I wanted to come up with a design that could be worn after high school, and with pride. All my friends who had already graduated said they never wore their t-shirts from high school, simply because, well,  high school. So my idea was to disguise the t-shirt as a graphic tee. If you read the logo clockwise it says, "SENIORS." Neat! (I accidentally uploaded the wrong version of the logo, so look at the t-shirts in the picture for the final version.) Then, instead of putting the LCS class of 2015, I put the roman numerals MMXV. I don't know about others, but I still wear mine.

As for the confetti photo, that was my attempt to challenge the lame traditional class photo normally posed from the gym bleachers. Yes, I cut out all the confetti scrap paper. Yes, I used a sheet as a backdrop. AND YES, photoshop is magical. Please laugh with me at the following real life "before photoshop" photo.

Finally, I was the yearbook editor my junior and senior year, and for 2015, I proposed the theme "Stories Worth Telling," to try to focus on improving the stories within the text and photos. The yearbook cover features a photo I took of Lake Michigan during the high school retreat. Retreat was known for stories, as seniors volunteered every year to share their stories of faith.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pages

Flickr Images